JOIN OUR TEAM
Alderley Edge with nationwide travel required
You will lead the project team to ensure the delivery of developments from acquisition through to handover to the operations team in accordance with the agreed budget and programme.
Regarding this vacancy - no agencies please.
Reporting to the Senior Development Manager, your key duties will be to:
• Liaise with acquisitions team as required to provide technical input into site appraisal;
• Assemble the project team; identify and appoint suitable consultants as required to develop the design in accordance with the company’s aspirations
• Appoint CDMC and ensure that client CDM responsibilities are identified
• Develop and submit planning application where required
• Commission surveys and reports as necessary to suit requirements of planning application
• Establish clear set of project goals; sequence activities to meet delivery dates
• Identify project stakeholders and determine needs and expectations; liaise as necessary to ensure programme constraints are maintained
• Identify requirements for Section agreements; liaise with local authorities and other stakeholders as necessary and consider strategic risks associated with same
• Identify works required to discharge planning conditions; monitor progress and coordinate submission of information to discharge conditions
• Monitor development of cost plan; highlight opportunities for value engineering
• Identify suitable contractors; assess competence with CDMC
• Develop the procurement strategy to suit site constraints, programme, etc.
• Define quality expectations and targets
• Identify techniques for quality control and develop quality plan
• Map risks, identify contingency actions and develop risk plan
• Develop communication strategy with stakeholders and establish communication plan
• Implement project plans to build deliverables
• Monitor and control project deliverables; manage timelines
• Manage costs and report as necessary
• Suggest and implement modifications to project scope, deliverables, timelines and resources
• Prepare and present project status reports to stakeholders
• Manage Internal Design Team workloads and objectives as necessary, in accordance with project and business requirements
• Manage the internal Project Review Process to inform and update the Senior Management Team on the progression of each project in a staged manner.
• Ideally University Degree or equivalent qualification in construction management, surveying or project management.
• Membership of RICS or CIOB preferable
• Experience delivering projects in excess of £25M construction value;
• Experience of residential / student / hotel development preferable;
• At least 10 years’ experience delivering projects;
• Experience gained working for a developer would be preferable;
• Experience delivering projects under JCT Design & Build contracts and the contract administration of same.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Planning and organizing
• Communication skills
• Influencing and leading
• Team work
• Conflict management
The property market is fast moving and so this role demands excellent time management and an ability to prioritise workload and deliver to deadlines. A quick learner who can work under his or her own initiative. Thrives in a fast-paced team environment.
With a good proportion of the working week spent on site the successful candidate will be expected to be comfortable reviewing and monitoring construction programmes and resources, show insight into sequencing of works and be able to comment on matters of build-ability and quality from substructure works through to fit out and finishes.
How to apply
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position.